Saturday, October 24, 2009

Politics and Stupidity

I guess I was the only one who heard Barack Obama say it, “My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government.” I think it is funny that the Democrats cried and bemoaned Republican behavior during the Bush administration yet when they are in power they run off and hide instead of getting to the heart of the housing crisis.


I am a realistic kind of guy; I will be the first to tell you that the Republican Party seems to have lost its way. As a whole, they have lost conservative voters' faith over the last decade. They continued to spend at an alarming rate with no concept of how they were going to pay the bills. Collectively, these so called representatives (Republicans and Democrats), have in essence created a new "robber baron" state with legalized robbery of American taxpayers. However, the great difference with the robber barons of German history or those given the title in the 19th century United States this "robber baron" is that there is no good provided or progress in the journey. In fact, there is nothing more than a growing pile of debt and the destruction of free commerce. I have spent the better part of


I have wonderful friends who are affiliated with both parties and most of them feel the way I do. It is time to take back our country. It is time for citizens to stand up arm in arm and say no to ever expanding government, forced legislation, and shady backdoor deals. It is time to wake up America to ever diminishing freedoms.

P.S. To prove my point about stupidity in laws/regulations and a loss of freedom I share the following. I just took a trip to Los Angeles. The trip was a quick trip out and back. I will admit I did not go to the store beforehand for the array of small “TSA approved items.” I was therefore accosted when my shaving gel can was too large. I was given a choice to throw it away or to check my one bag. That annoyed me mostly because it was a new can but that was not what really got me fuming. It was there telling me I had to toss out an almost empty tube of toothpaste. Now here is the stupid part here. The tube has about maybe two brushes of toothpaste left in it. But because the package is marked as once having 6.2oz it is not allowed in my bag. I realize it was only toothpaste but whatever happened to common sense? It has been replaced with freedom robbing stupidity and rampant Vogon-ism.

No comments:

Post a Comment